These are the simplest ingredients needed for making meatloaf. You can customize meatloaf for the occasion that you are observing by adding your own inspired flavors.
- 3 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Bread Crumbs
- 6 oz Tomato Ketchup
- 3 ea Eggs
- 1 cup Basil & Oregano Blend
- Preheat oven to 370°
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Form mixture into a large loaf or 2 smaller loaves.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 370 for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Check internal temperature with a stem thermometer.
- Internal temperature of meatloaf should be 155 to 160°
- Remove from oven and let your meatloaf stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Recipe makes 8 dinner sized portions
Traditionally, this American version of meatloaf is served with mashed potatoes, gravy and fresh seasonable vegetables. The ultimate comfort food!