Fresh chicken, buttermilk battered and deep fried to a golden brown. This is an ‘all-purpose’ method for buttermilk battering your favorite cuts of meat and fresh seafoods. America’s favorite recipe.
- 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast.
- 4 oz white flour
- 4 oz Buttermilk
- Salt, pepper and season your flour as desired.
- Using a meat tenderizer, ‘pound’ your chicken breast to a uniform thickness.
- Heat oil in fryer to 350°
- Dip chicken breast into buttermilk.
- Coat chicken with seasoned white flour.
- Add chicken breast to fryer until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from fryer and let oil drip away.
- Serve with a Garden Salad for a light lunch.
- Serve with any picnic type side dishes for a great summer meal.
- Toss in teriyaki sauce and serve atop rice pilaf.
- The same method can be used for chicken wings, drumsticks or thighs. Longer cooking times are neede for ‘bone-in’ chicken.
- Other foods such as steak and seafood can be prepared using this same method.