- 1 can Pineapple juice (48 to 54 oz)
- 3 oz Soy Sauce
- 3 oz Cooking Sherry
- 2 oz Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 6 oz Honey (optional but recommended)
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 oz Corn Starch
- Dilute cornstarch with cold water until smooth
- Combine Pineapple juice, soy sauce, sherry, honey, ginger and garlic in 10 qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Slowly add Corn starch and water solution with a fine wire whip until desired thickness is achieved.
- Use as a stir fry sauce.
- Add to soup for an Asian flair.
- Makes a great oriental dipping sauce.
- Toss with chicken wings.
- Yield: Approximately One Half gallon or 16 – 4oz portions
Add cherries and pineapple chunks for a Polynesian Style sauce!
Baste on your favorite ribs for a unique BBQ experience.