- 2 gal Water
- 10 lb Spanish Onion Julienne sliced
- 1 cup Cooking Sherry
- 6 cans Beef Consomme (48 oz cans)
- ½ lb Beef Base
- Combine all ingredients in 32 quart pot
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer.
- Continue to simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Top with a homemade crouton and melted provolone cheese.
- Accompany with a Garden Salad for a light lunch.
- Serve in a Bread Bowl with fresh cut fruit.
- Yield: Approximately 5 gallons or 64 – 10oz portions
Baked French Onion Soup Au Gratin
Traditionally onion soup is served in an oven safe crock, topped with a toasted crouton and Swiss Cheese. Place your onion soup beneath a tiop broiler or cheese melter until a light toasted finish is achieved.
- Substituting provolone cheese adds a smooth smokey flavor.
- Add Gorgonzola or bleu cheese crumbles for a one of a kind signature soup for your restaurant.