A robust tomato sauce – A must have on any menu.
Ingredients: (5 gallon restaurant recipe)
- 2 #10 cans Tomato Sauce
- 3 #10 cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 cup Oregano Leaves
- ¾ cup Basil Leaves
- ¾ cup Granulated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 gal Water
- Combine all ingredients in a 32 quart pot
- Scrape cans and rinse with water to get the most from your product.
- Slowly bring the temperature to 165° to 170° farenheit ( Use your thermometer).
- Simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Yield: Approximately 5 gallons or 80 – 8oz portions
Serve atop your favorite pasta.
Use as a dipping sauce.
Marinara is essential for Italian Cooking
You can experiment with your own seasonings – but always remember “You can always add more but you cant take any out” when you are seasoning your sauces!