- 1 gal Water
- ½ lb Clam Base
- 1 can Chopped sea Clams (48-54 oz)
- 1 lb Cooked Diced potatoes
- 4 oz Diced celery
- 4 oz Diced onions
- 12 oz Roux (50/50 blend – melted margarine & white flour)
- ½ gal Half & Half
- 3 ea Bay Leaves
- Strain Juice from clams into a 10 qt saucepan and set clams and potatoes aside.
- Add water, clam base, celery, onions, Bay leaves and Half & Half to saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Slowly add roux with a fine wire whip, about 3 ounces at a time, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Fold in clams and potatoes.
- Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Yield: Approximately 2 gallons or 32 – 8oz portions
- Accompany with a Garden Salad for a light lunch.
- Serve in a Bread Bowl with fresh cut fruit.
- Pair with a traditional Lobster Roll for a sensational New England treat.
For a more Robust flavor Add salt pork or chopped bacon.
Omit potatoes to use as a White Clam sauce and serve atop linguini