Hearty, south of the border “Chili con Carne”. – 5 gallon Restaurant Recipe
- 2 #10 cans Tomato Sauce
- 2 #10 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans
- 20 lbs 80% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 gal Picante Sauce or Salsa
- 1 cup Dark Red Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Ground Cumin
- 1 cup Liquid hickory seasoning(optional)
- “Break Up” Ground Beef in a 32 quart pot.
- Cook over a medium heat until all of ground beef is well browned.
- Drain cooking juices from ground beef.
- Drain brine from kidney beans.
- Add Ground beef, kidney beans, tomato sauce and picante along with the chili powder and cumin into 32 quart pot.
- Slowly bring the temperature to 165° to 170° farenheit – use your thermometer.
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips or in a Taco Bowl.
- Chili cheese fries, chili nachos, chili Mexican pizzas.
- Serve in a bread bowl with melted cheddar cheese.
- Yield: Approximately 5 gallons or 80 – 8oz portions
- A Cinco de Mayo favorite.
- Homemade chili is popular all year round.
- Experiment with your own ingredients & seasonings – but always remember “You can always add more but you cant take any out” when you are seasoning your sauces!