In a busy kitchen, a quick and easy special that everyone will enjoy is essential to keep your “line flowing” without any hang-ups. Preparing any Alfredo dish from scratch can be cumbersome for even the most experienced sautee chef. To put this dish together in a hurry you’ll need to make your sauce ahead of time. This will speed up production and keep your line cooks humming along during your peak hours.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 1 qt Heavy Cream
- 2 qt Half and Half
- 1 lb Parmesan Cheese (Shredded or grated)
- 3 oz 50/50 Roux
- Using a 4 quart or larger sauce pan, melt butter over a medium high heat.
- Add fresh chopped garlic and stir until lightly browned.
- Add heavy cream and half & half.
- When your cream comes to a slight simmer, add the parmesan cheese.
- Allow this blend of ingredients to simmer until the cheese is fully blended.
- Add roux a litttle at a time until the desired thickness is achieved.
- Salt & Pepper to taste.
Remember not to overthicken, a common ‘rookie mistake’. A good rule of thumb – When you think you need to add ‘just a little more’ roux – Dont!
Now you can add your ingredients to a pan and easily ladel in your Alfredo sauce. A quick and simple dish that everyone loves.
Recipe makes about 1 gallon of Creamy Alfredo Sauce, enough for 1 dozen 10 oz portions.