- 1 gal Water
- ½ lb Lobster Base
- 1 qt Heavy Cream
- ½ cup Cooking Sherry
- ¼ lb Chopped Lobster Meat (optional)
- 1 oz Paprika
- 12 oz Roux (50/50 blend – melted margarine & white flour)
- Combine water, lobster base, paprika, cream & sherry in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Slowly add roux with a fine wire whip, about 3 ounces at a time, until desired thickness is achieved.
- Yield: Approximately 1.5 gallons or 24 – 8oz portions
- Accompany with a Garden Salad for a light lunch.
- Serve in a Bread Bowl with fresh cut fruit.
- Pair with a traditional Lobster Roll for a sensational New England treat
- Lightly increase thickness to use as “Newburgh Sauce”.
- For a more Robust flavor use fresh lobster stock. – - Combine 2gallons of water, shells from 6 lobsters, and 1 small spanish onion in a 10 qt saucepan & reduce by half.