When you prepare a lazy lobster pie you’ll need to create a fresh bread stuffing, Whether you crave pier fresh sea scallops or if you prefer sweet baby shrimp, the seafood that you select to blend with your stuffing is as important as the lobster itself.
- 1 lb margarine.
- 1 oz each finely diced celery & onion.
- 1 lb fresh seafood.(Scallops, baby shrimp, whitefish, etc…)
- 2 oz fresh chopped garlic.
- A pinch of dill weed, basil and oregano.
- 2 lbs of fresh bread.
- Grind fresh bread in processor or chop with your chef’s knife and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over a low to medium heat until seafood is fully cooked.
- Add ground bread crumbs and thoroughly blend together.
- Recipe makes enough stuffing for about 8 restaurant size portions.
Building Your Pie
- Shuck your fresh lobster meat from its shell. You can also use frozen lobster meat (Tail, knuckle and claw meat only)
- Fill 10 oz. souffle’ dish half-way with your prepared seafood stuffing.
- Top each ‘casserole with 3 – 4 oz of lobster meat.
- Make a cracker crumb topping by combining crushed Ritz crackers with melted butter.
- Layer the top of your pie with the cracker crumb mixture.
Now that you are all prepped for your lazy lobster dinner, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Place your souffles on a sheet pan and put them in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown and bubbly on top. You can crown your creation with a Jumbo shrimp or fresh sea scallops for an added treat.
Cracker Crumb Topping
To make a buttery cracker crumb topping for your lobster pie:
- Coarsely grind 1 sleeve of your favorite crackers (We prefer Ritz) and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt 3 Tablespoons of margarine or whole butter.
- Add seasonings such as black pepper, garlic, oregano or Old Bay.
- Fold in your cracker crumbs and blend thouroughly so that all of the butter is absorbed by the crackers.
You are now ready to top your freshly prepared lobster pie!!