What if you took an old fashioned classic and added a New England twist. Linguini with white clam sauce is still an all time favorite. Now add tender lobster claws and fresh Maine lobster tail, simmer it all together and toss it with linguini noodles. This dish is guaranteed to have the most dedicated lobster lover asking for more.
White Clam Sauce
- 1 can (48-54oz) chopped sea clams.
- 2 oz extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 oz each finely diced celery & onion.
- 2 oz fresh chopped garlic.
- A pinch of dill weed, basil, oregano, black pepper.
- 2 ea Bay leaves.
- 1 qt light cream or half & half.
- 6 oz roux (50/50 margarine and flour)
- Combine olive oil, onions and celery in an 8 quart saucepan
- Simmer over a low to medium heat for several minutes and add garlic.
- Strain clam juice from can of clams into saucepan. Set clams aside.
- Add remaining seasonings and cream.
- Bring to a simmer and slowly add roux until desired thickness is achieved.
- Fold in the clams.
- Recipe makes enough clam sauce for about 6 restaurant size servings.
Preparing Your Lobster Bianco
- For each serving you’ll need 3-4 oz of lobster meat and 8-10 ounces of cooked linguini.
- Add 1 oz of margarine or butter to a 10 inch sautee pan and lightly melt.
- Add your fresh lobster and, over a medium heat, warm the meat.
- Ladel in 8- 10 oz of the freshly prepared clam sauce and bring to a low simmer.
- Toss in your linguini noodles and serve with toasted foccacia bread.