Our company is committed to enforcing the requirements of law with respect to sexual harassment and bullying.
Sexual harassment consists of any verbal, non verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that is unwanted or unwelcome. Bullying is being cruel or mean to others. Examples of conduct that may be considered inappropriate are:
- Sexual innuendo
- suggestive comments
- requests for sexual favors
- jokes of a sexual nature
- direct threats
- sexual propositions
- questions about a persons sexuality
- Lewd comments
- any type of insults
- Sexually suggestive objects, images or pictures
- Graphic commentaries or literature
- leering or eying suggestively
- obscene or threatening gestures
- Unwanted physical contact
- Touching, pinching, or any type of fondling
- ‘Cornering’ another person
- Coerced sexual intercourse
- Assault, battery
Any employee that believes that the actions or words of a fellow employee constitute sexual harassment or bullyism should report the incident to their immediate supervisor. If the harassment was committed by the supervisor it should be reported to the next level of management.
Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken against any employee that violates this policy or commits any acts of harassment of any form, whether sexual in nature or not. Based on the seriousness of the offense disciplinary measures may include verbal and written reprimand, suspension and termination.
For further information regarding laws governing sexual harassment and anti-bullying, contact your state agency against discrimination.